Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Bookcharmer briefly searches in Business Full Text

I can't help it. My shock and awe over the financial shenanigans on Wall Street have forced me, literally forced me, to do a little perusing in Business Full Text.

I can't help myself. I just had to know...

So, according to a Datamonitor report,

"The company recorded revenues of $19,257 million in the fiscal year ended November 2007, an increase of 9.5% over 2006. The operating profit of the company was $6,013 million in the fiscal year 2007, an increase of 1.8% over 2006. The net profit was $4,192 million in the fiscal year 2007, an increase of 4.6% over 2006."

Excuse me? Is this the same Lehman Brothers being discussed in the news???

What would Harry Emanuel and Mayer Lehman say about today's news?

I'd soapbox some more, but the BookCharmer is weary and wants to go home and read more of The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao. The world economy is just going to have to sort itself out without my philosophical input.

No comments: